A few days ago I got one of those multiplied emails that go around and make me laugh, cry, think, remember, or just wonder about the sender. A few of them I pass along to those I think would also laugh, cry, think, remember, etc. However, occasionally one will touch me in a special way; and today I want to share such an email “forward.”
This is one of those “I wish I would have written” things (I have a few of those). Apparently, others have felt the same way. You can google the title and get hundreds of websites, and the funny thing is that several people are credited with writing it: John Paul Moore, Jimmy Dean, Michael Combs, Bill Anderson, Skip Henderson, and I don’t know how many others. You can also listen online to some of these people sing it—country, or maybe even bluegrass. I guess it may have been a well-known song from yesteryear, but I don’t remember ever hearing it.
So, I don’t know who wrote it, but the picture it paints of a thankful heart is well worth stopping and considering.
DRINKING FROM MY SAUCER
I've never made a fortune
and it's probably too late now,
But I don't worry about that much,
I'm happy anyhow.
And as I go along life's way,
I'm reaping better than I sowed,
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.
.
Haven't got a lot of riches
and sometimes the going's tough,
But I've got loving ones around me
and that makes me rich enough.
I thank God for his blessings
and the mercies He's bestowed,
I'm drinking from my saucer
'cause my cup has overflowed.
O, Remember times when things went wrong
My faith wore somewhat thin,
But all at once the dark clouds broke
and sun peeped through again.
So Lord, help me not to gripe about
the tough rows that I've hoed,
I'm drinking from my saucer
‘cause my cup has overflowed.
If God gives me strength and courage
When the way grows steep and rough,
I'll not ask for other blessings;
I'm already blessed enough.
And may I never be too busy
to help others bear their loads,
Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer
"Cause my cup has overflowed."
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment