About Me

My photo
As complex and occasionally capricious women go, I suppose I am one. I am a Christian, a wife, a mother, a mother-in-law, a grandmother, a teacher, a friend, an aspiring song writer, and a retiree from work outside the home. Whew!

Friday, March 18, 2011

Smiles

In the sixties, back in the days of the Viet Nam war, college campus riots, and the Beatles, two college students who were barely 21-years-old walked down an aisle in a small country church and promised to love each other, for better or worse. It never occurred to us that time would pass quickly, and decades later we would live in a far different world and find ourselves old---er.

You would think we would have accumulated vast amounts of wisdom in those years. We have accumulated vast amounts of experiences, but wisdom? Well, I guess that’s a matter of opinion. Sometimes I feel wise, but often I realize that human wisdom is far too limited to solve the complicated problems we face. That’s why I am so glad to be a Christian and serve a God who gives His children the privilege of prayer.

I am also glad that the past decades have allowed those two young college students to be together to seek the Lord and His ways. Oh, the path has had some rough terrain, but it has also had fabulous blessings in those who have joined us on our journey—wonderful children, darling grandchildren, family members, and dear friends.

I said all that to say, “Happy Anniversary, Leon!” May we have many more!

1 comment:

Princess said...

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!