About Me

My photo
As complex and occasionally capricious women go, I suppose I am one. I am a Christian, a wife, a mother, a mother-in-law, a grandmother, a teacher, a friend, an aspiring song writer, and a retiree from work outside the home. Whew!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Not Another Benaiah Day!


Although every day I seek to be, today I know I am on the same page as the Lord.

I have been watching the weather radar intermittently during the day and have seen the big blue approaching. Oh, I know the Midwest can expect changing seasons—hot summers and cold winters. However, this year seems a bit extreme to me. For example, another snowstorm is bearing down on southeastern Illinois.

I was checking out what Bible Gateway could tell me about God’s view of “snow” and I came across Job 38, a chapter called “The Lord speaks.” In verses 22-23, He says, “Have you entered the storehouses of the SNOW…which I reserve for times of trouble…?

I thought so! There are storehouses of snow and it brings trouble. See--we're on the same page!

Tonight, one of those storehouses may open its gates and dump on us some abundance. I hope not—not an abundance of snow or ice. But I would like an abundance of sunshine, warm temperatures, and just the right abundance of rain to bring an abundance of fruit, vegetables, and soybeans and corn.

Now that’s a storehouse I can get behind!

I do, however, remember Benaiah who went down into a pit on a snowy day and slew a lion. If any of you are feeling hero-like, tomorrow may be your day.

“Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful . . .”

NO—DO NOT SING THAT SONG!!!

No comments: