Well, it came and, in some ways, it conquered—the snow that is. Sigh!
I’m not sure how many inches have fallen and how many more are to come, but there was only one day or so when the ground was visible. Now, it’s white again, and the forecast temps are too low to generate melting.
I should not complain. I had already decided to take a personal day off from work if many inches fell overnight for two reasons—one, I don’t want to walk on slick surfaces, and two, the granddaughters were staying with us and there was most assuredly no school.
So this morning, my husband and I had the chance to make pancakes (he makes a mean pancake) for breakfast and “special sandwiches” for lunch. The Redmans and Elvis had this in common—we love peanut butter and banana special sandwiches. Yum
So, while I wish it were clear outside, it is what it is. May God do what He said in Romans 8:28 “…in all things God works for the good of those who love him” and work this darn snow out for good for all who love Him.
I can’t come up with any great snow songs, but there are a couple of lines I like:
♫ “Over the ground lies a mantle of white,
A heaven of diamonds
Shine down thro' the night…
Walkin’ in a winter wonderland♫

No comments:
Post a Comment