There are a couple of characters in a movie that my grandkids like (Monsters, Inc.) that I particularly enjoy with them. One I like is called Sulley, a big blue furry bear-type creature with a great smile and a caring heart. The other one I find extremely fascinating. His name is Mike Wazowski, and he is basically a big eye with little arms and legs.The scriptures teach about such a character. From The Message in I Corinthians 12:15-20,
“A body isn't just a single part blown up into something huge. It's all the
different-but-similar parts arranged and functioning together. If Foot said,
"I'm not elegant like Hand… I guess I don't belong to this body," would that
make it so? If Ear said, "I'm not beautiful like Eye… I don't deserve a place on
the head," would you want to remove it from the body? If the body was all eye,
how could it hear? If all ear, how could it smell? As it is, we see that God has
carefully placed each part of the body right where he wanted it.”
Paul goes on to say in verses 21-22,
“An enormous eye or a gigantic hand wouldn't be a body, but a monster. What weIsn’t it funny that The Message uses the term an enormous eye wouldn’t be a body, but a monster? That sounds like the movie. The message God is sending is very important; each person has a unique purpose, and the body needs for us to find that purpose and fulfill it! We can’t “let someone else do it.”
have is one body with many parts, each its proper size and in its proper place.
No part is important on its own. Can you imagine Eye telling Hand, “Get lost; I
don't need you”? Or, Head telling Foot, “You're fired; your job has been phased out?”
It is important to realize that Christianity is not a spectator sport. We cannot show up for an hour or two on Sunday morning and/or Wednesday evening and watch. We have a contribution to make—the body cannot be complete without your help and mine. You and I need to stand up and get started this new year to do and be our part, whether we are to be an eye, a hand, a foot, or a liver (I’m not sure what the liver does but I know it’s crucial). The body needs us!
♫ "But if we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching?
Why aren't His hands healing?
Why aren't His words teaching?
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going?
Why is His love not showing
them there is a way?"
by Casting Crowns

No comments:
Post a Comment