Winter Could Be Worst in 25 Years for USA…We could all write articles about how COLD it is outside (especially if you have been having furnace troubles like us). The Weather Channel goes on and on about the arctic air sinking low into the US with another cold blast expected next week. Atlanta, Jacksonville, and even Miami are suffering from such temperatures. Headlines indicate that other continents are also experiencing unusual cold temps and winter storms.
3 Deaths Due to Cold in Memphis…
Gas Supplies Running Out in UK
Vermont sets ‘all-time record for one snowstorm’…
Iowa temps ‘a solid 30 degrees below normal’…
Seoul buried in heaviest snowfall in 70 years…
Historic ice build-up shuts down NJ nuclear power plant…
Beijing – coldest in 40 years…
Miami shivers from coldest weather in decade…
This interests me especially because we hear so much about and want to spend billions of dollars to fight global warming. I believe the world conference on that had trouble meeting because of a great blizzard.
I very much agree that we should be good stewards of our blessings in the world. I hate littering and unnecessary waste. I love clean water and fresh air. However, I think we humans neither created the earth nor can we save it. You know that Genesis 1:1 thing about “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.”
Isn't it interesting that those who want to abolish God from our midst still consider some terrible weather events as “Acts of God”? I’m afraid it’s a common human trait to want to assign blame but not to give praise.
August is just seven months away, and then I’ll be writing about how hot it is. But, for now,
♫Oh, but it’s cold outside.

No comments:
Post a Comment