About Me

My photo
As complex and occasionally capricious women go, I suppose I am one. I am a Christian, a wife, a mother, a mother-in-law, a grandmother, a teacher, a friend, an aspiring song writer, and a retiree from work outside the home. Whew!

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Appreciating Amy

Today, I want to let singer/songwriter Amy Grant write my blog. I first heard this song, “I Need A Silent Night,” last year, and loved it immediately. I downloaded it to my IPod and have listened to it at various times throughout the year thinking that perhaps it could serve as a warning for me to hit the Christmas Season with more peace and less chaos. Unfortunately, not so. As the Season is speeding by, I want to share with you her insight from the chorus of the song in case you haven’t heard it and in case it describes you, too. If you get a chance, listen to the whole song carefully. Thank you, Amy!

♫ I need a silent night, a holy night
To hear an angel voice
through the chaos and the noise
I need a midnight clear,
a little peace right here
To end this crazy day with a silent night. ♫
I also want to show you a picture e-mailed to me today that is far more beautiful than the world’s most expensive and festive decorations (for several reasons). It is the scene reminding us of the “Reason for the Season” (and includes three people I am very close to)

No comments: