Here is it Friday and time to tie up all the loose ends of the week. The first is to correct an earlier blog entry. I stand corrected on my Jesus Christ, Superstar rock opera quotation. I was quoting as best I remembered, from a song Jesus’ character sang about the lack of understanding of the supreme omnipotence of God. It should have read, “Neither you, Simon, nor the 50,000, nor the Romans, nor the Jews, nor Judas, nor the 12, nor the priests nor the scribes, nor Jerusalem, itself, understand what power is; understand what glory is; understand at all; understand at all.”
Okay, so I only remembered one or two of that long list of “non-understanders” in the musical. I mean really, who would remember all those words? One kind of person--the kind who knows by memory almost every musical he has ever seen. I got a scathing text reminding me of my omissions, so now I’ve fixed it. Crisis averted! As I mentioned then, the musical is very inaccurate in content, but I agree that we don’t realize the power and glory of God.
My second loose end that I need to attend to is sending some cards: sympathy, birthday, and graduation. We had a wide range of happenings this week; most were happy, one was tragic. On the happy note, it’s always fun to watch kids grow up and graduate, whether from kindergarten, high school, college, or law school. I need to re-read my post on graduation vs. commencement. Also, birthdays are fun to celebrate, even if we don’t want to keep track of the numbers. I have already bought cards; now, to get them distributed . . .
Third on my list is buying 2 cent stamps. In the midst of sending those cards, the Post Office again raised the price of stamps. :-( Why do they do that when we have another roll of 100 leftovers? I think we just finished using the 1 cent stamps from the last increase. Looking at the bright side, however, I guess we got the roll of stamps before the price went up, like gasoline. :-)
Fourth on my list is selecting birthday gifts. One is easy; a 3-year-old boy likes anything with wheels—especially if it’s used on a farm, and especially if it’s green. The other two, not so easy. Lives and houses get way too cluttered to deal with gifts that are neither desired nor needed. I love it when I can come up with a great gift idea. So far, not!
I think that’s about all that I’ve started but not finished. Well, there is the laundry!
Friday, May 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment