I missed Saturday’s blogging time, but there was a good reason. I worked almost 17 hours. It was the first trip of the year for our program, and we did a lot. We met the kids between 7:30-8:00 am. The kids toured a part of the college, they boarded the bus, and we headed north. We picked up some more kids and left for a tour at EIU. We ate lunch at Arby’s and proceeded to another nearby college tour, a career talk at a nearby airport, a few games of bowling, and dinner at Ryan’s. We ended the day with a live musical theater production of Bye, Bye, Birdie and back home after midnight. Whew!
I was drained. However, the young members of the staff were more exhausted, so I felt better. Today, I’m trying to take it easy. My granddaughter asked why Grandpa and I were sitting in our recliners and dozing off. Quickly I answered her, “It’s the seventh day and we are following God’s lead. “Huh uh,” she sent back. So I explained how we like God had worked hard for the past six days and on the seventh day, He rested and so did we!
Tomorrow, I’ll try to be back with abstruse musings, but today considering it’s the seventh day, I’ll just be Godly.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment