Technology impaired—I try so hard to not be, like learning to use an iPad2 (I know iPad3 is out). Nevertheless, I am making some headway.
Today the iPad charge was down to 13%, and it was unmistakable that a connection to a power source was imperative if it were to be revived and rejuvenated. We have for charging both a direct electric cord as well as a charging stand. There is also a cord that connects to the computer’s USB port.
I have re-charged the iPad before and assumed it to be a simple task--to plug it into electric power from the wall receptacle. NOT.
If you are familiar with this device, you may have noticed that the receiver for the cord plug is at a strange angle. Thus, as I set it on the charging stand, it would not click into place. NO POWER! I tried numerous times without success. The direct electric cord had traveled to Peoria with us last weekend, but it appears uncertain that it came home with us. As a last resort, I sought to “power up” by using the USB cord and the computer. NO POWER!
Helplessly, I looked at this wonderful piece of technology, created to do unbelievable things, and thought how useless and worthless it is without power.
A light bulb went on—that’s me when I can’t connect to God’s power. I am fearfully and wonderfully made to do unbelievable things, but am useless without His power. I hate to admit but I often find my charge is down to 13% and feel totally powerless and worthless.
At such times, it is difficult to pray even for those closest to me though my heart aches to see change in their lives. I feel worthless and unworthy to stand before the throne of grace to find help in time of need. There is no joy, no strength. These are the times that I collapse into pity parties. Worthless indeed!
It would seem that often the church in general gets into that funk. Timothy said, “People…have a form of godliness but deny its power.” How can the church be effective when it denies power, when it has no power? How can I?
The answer is to connect to God’s power supply. There has to be a direct link to God to be revived and rejuvenated. Oh, sometimes I can connect easily and my spiritual charge surges to a high percentage; but often I struggle to find the needed connection, just like that darn iPad today. It was a fabulous picture of the need for recharging.
“…The God of Israel gives power and strength to his people.” Psalm 68:35
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power...” 2 Timothy 1:7
♫ I go to The Rock of my salvation
I go to the stone that the builders rejected
I run to the mountain and The Mountain stands by me
When the earth all around me is sinking sand
On Christ, the solid rock I stand
When I need a shelter, when I need a friend
I go to The Rock. ♫
Dottie Rambo
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment