I’ve shared this before, but it is a significant part of who I am—some years ago, I felt the Lord told me that I was to be a watchman. I don’t know for sure what that means, but I do know that he said in Ezekiel 33:6 “If the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet to warn the people…I will hold the watchman accountable for their blood.”
You may scoff, but I take that “holding the watchman accountable for their blood” part very seriously. I’m extremely obsessive about my salvation and my obedience to His call.
Ezekiel 33:9 goes on to say, “But if you do warn … and they do not do so, they will die for their sin, though you yourself will be saved.”
So, if I warn you about something, it may be that I’m am protecting my own salvation, or it may be that I care deeply about you and want you to be aware of suspected trouble, or it may be both. That reminds me of a song. . .
♫ Blow the trumpet in Zion, Zion
Sound the alarm on My holy mountain
Blow the trumpet in Zion, Zion
Sound the alarm! ♫
That’s what I have been doing in my very preachy rantings the past two days. It would be far easier for me to merely take care of my own household—children and grandchildren—and let everyone else go whatever way they choose. However, there is that “watchman” thing, and I do care fervently about the generation that follows me and especially about the kids.
Don’t you want them to live in a better world than the one we live in--a world of selfishness, bullying, violence, fear, hunger, etc.?
What are we doing to seek a better world for them? What we feed, grows! What are we feeding the little ones—on TV, in books, in movies, in video games, in role models? Do you want kids to live out your entertainment?
Can the schools undo what is done at home? Can the church?
♫ Oh, be careful little eyes what you see;
Oh, be careful little eyes what you see;
There’s a Father up above,
And He’s looking down with love
So be careful little eyes what you see. ♫

No comments:
Post a Comment