Writing in my blog yesterday (after an 8 month hiatus) felt good. This will be easy I assured myself. Hmmm… What has God shown me today? Maybe not so easy.
Well, today WAS to be the start of a 3-day fun holiday to St. Louis with the dancing granddaughters.
However, I awoke this morning to the sound of my husband (uh how can I say this?) um, the sound of my husband suffering from the stomach flu. Bless his ♥, he rarely gets sick and like the rest of us doesn’t like it at all. It was evident—no dancing holiday for us this weekend. Bummer!
Then came the TV warnings of threatening severe weather and the tornado watch for us. While our area fortunately escaped the serious storms, we did experience the fears and the what-if’s—especially for our little ones at school or at child care, away from our protection. (I don’t know why we moms think we can shield them from something so powerful, but it feels safer to have them close).
It’s times like these—when my plans are thwarted, when sickness attacks, or when storms threaten that I love that I am a child of the Most High God and that He gave us a manual for our help. He’s the one who wrote down that He knows the plans He has for us, that our times are in His hand, that He is the Lord that heals us, and the one who gave us Psalm 91 as well as many other promises of protection.
I have found that the ugly dark spirits that come against my mind can best be fought the same way Jesus fought Satan in the wilderness—“It is written...” My part is to learn what the manual says. Then I have a weapon to fight disappointment, sickness, and fear using the sword of the Spirit—the Word of God.
♫ Call upon me in the day of trouble
Call upon me in the day of trouble
I will deliver you, I will deliver you
And you shall glorify me. ♫
A song of Asaph - Psalm 50:15
Friday, March 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment