About Me

My photo
As complex and occasionally capricious women go, I suppose I am one. I am a Christian, a wife, a mother, a mother-in-law, a grandmother, a teacher, a friend, an aspiring song writer, and a retiree from work outside the home. Whew!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Eye Has Not Seen. . .

I have been mulling over how the Kingdom of God works logistically. Now, I know that is silly and I cannot possibly have insight into God’s ways or God’s heaven or God’s plan for eternity. I do realize that I, and for that matter all of us, are so “earthly.” Our minds are so limited by what we see, what we feel, what we experience. I guess it’s that I Corinthians 2:9 thing:“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”I have to say “Amen” to that.

Many of us like to listen to and even sing the song called “I Can Only Imagine” by Mercy Me.
I can only imagine what it will be like
When I walk by your side
I can only imagine what my eyes will see
When your face is before me
I can only imagine

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine--I can only imagine

I can only imagine when that day comes
When I find myself standing in the Son
I can only imagine when all I will do
Is forever, forever worship You
I can only imagine. . .

Okay, that sounds logical. But, on the other hand, how can we even begin to imagine? The next verse in Corinthians, I suppose, seeks to explain it. “But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit…” Did you read that? “But God has revealed them.” That would seem to say we can have an idea of the things God has prepared through the Spirit of God.

Still, the logistics confuse me. We are His body, the church; yet, we are a kingdom of priests (Revelation 5:10) made up of individuals. How is that going to work? I can only imagine. . .

No comments: