About Me

My photo
As complex and occasionally capricious women go, I suppose I am one. I am a Christian, a wife, a mother, a mother-in-law, a grandmother, a teacher, a friend, an aspiring song writer, and a retiree from work outside the home. Whew!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Random Musings

Today, I came across an old email that had some noteworthy quotes. I do not know the originator, but they did make me pause and consider. Here are a few.

Considering how the world seems to be falling apart economically and politically, I really like—
“Stop looking for the signs; Start listening for the shout”

Considering how the modern church is so tempted to be politically correct, I like—
“Let the church be a light to the world, not a reflection of it!”

Considering that I have been planning to retire from my job, I like—
“A believer should not seek retirement but refirement.”

Considering the nightly news, I like—
“War doesn't determine who's right; war determines who's left.”

Considering life as I recognize it, I like—
“Knowledge is realizing that the street is one-way, Wisdom is looking both directions anyway.”

Considering I raised four kids and am enjoying five grandkids, I like—
“Parents spend the first part of our lives encouraging us to walk and talk, and the rest of it telling us to sit down and shut up.”

Considering I have a quirky sense of humor, I like—
“Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.”

Considering my grandson Brody is in a new phase of screaming, I like—
“Anyone who uses the phrase "easy as taking candy from a baby" has never tried taking candy from a baby.”

Considering it’s Valentine’s Day, I have a song for you to sing to the tune of: "I'm a little teapot"

♪♫ I'm a little Valentine,
Red and white,
With ribbons and lace,
I'm a beautiful sight.
I can show my love
On Valentine’s Day.
Just put me in an envelope,
And give me away.♪♫

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY ♥

No comments: