About Me

My photo
As complex and occasionally capricious women go, I suppose I am one. I am a Christian, a wife, a mother, a mother-in-law, a grandmother, a teacher, a friend, an aspiring song writer, and a retiree from work outside the home. Whew!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

"DECLARATION"

I have been seeking to add more widgets to my blog, though I will never come close to understanding all them. I did, however, want so much to share some of the music my youngest has written and performed. I, of course, think he is a terrific musician, singer, and all around kid (well, he isn’t exactly a kid any more, but he will always be my kid even though he has a kid)

He has made a couple of CD’s with “homemade” facilities where he does all the music, vocals, instrumentals, percussion, etc. He writes mostly from the scriptures or praise music. His Christmas album was one of the best I’ve ever heard (and I say that with complete objectivity—or not). If we ever get some thousands of extra dollars, we would like to send him to a real recording studio with all the trimmings.

And yet, Psalm 75:6-7 declares, “For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south. But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another,” and we do know that God opens the doors that He wants open. I am convinced that trying to kick a door open is futile and will not lead to God’s best, so I will enjoy the talent he has been given and pray that he, as well as each one of us, experience the Lord’s best.

If you, too, want to enjoy his talent, there should be a music player on the right side of this blog. You just need to turn on your speakers and push play. Keep in mind that he is a high school pastor and, as such, may not produce the style of music that those who have long passed that age group prefer. The words are terrific and the beat may grow on you.

Oh, did you notice my spring countdown just below the player? (another one of those new widgets I’m trying to learn) It may not be set for central standard time, but watching it gives me hope that I can sometime take the snowy window off the blog. Anyway, enjoy the music.

Proverbs 31:1 “…a DECLARATION that his mother taught him” (LOL)

No comments: