About Me

My photo
As complex and occasionally capricious women go, I suppose I am one. I am a Christian, a wife, a mother, a mother-in-law, a grandmother, a teacher, a friend, an aspiring song writer, and a retiree from work outside the home. Whew!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Random thoughts from a Sunday afternoon:

(In no particular order)
• Really like the pie auction youth fundraiser after church today. Tried some great pies like pumpkin, triple berry, coconut cream (wow, Jenny), pumpkin cheesecake (ditto, Paul), Oreo pie, and perhaps some others. Did tiny pieces, but still . . .
• Feel blessed to get to teach the Rock Group Sunday School class. Super bunch of young people, each with a great sense of humor.
• Hope “Feed Your Faith” goes well Wednesday evening with our pre-Thanksgiving meal—like all the food yummy, ready at the right time, and plentiful for the crowd that comes to eat.
• Am grateful for health, family, friends, and all of God’s blessings.
• Wish computers were user friendly—trying to set up a laptop and not very good at it—was born too early to be high tech.
• Am so sorry my daughter doesn’t have storage space to put stuff away. It must be genetic—I have too much stuff, too.
• Feel so thankful for neighbors who chopped leaves in our big yard just to help out my husband who was farming day and night.
• Love spending time with our two granddaughters and grandson.
• Hate being so far from our other grandson—miss holding him and worry he won’t remember me.
• Thought the Rock Group’s lesson from I Samuel 25 on David, Nabal, and Abigail was encouraging to good people but full of warning to those who choose to be “surly and mean.”
• Don’t know whether to go to Chicago on Thursday since new grandson could be born any day—would like to do both, but don’t want to miss Slugger’s appearance.
• It’s almost Monday, AGAIN!!
• Kinda’ wish I knew what God was doing in our world and in our country, but then again, never wanted to be a prophet.

Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets. Amos 3:7

No comments: